Páginas

29 de junio de 2013

Furniture Investments












I've been obsessed with Design Furniture for a while now... And since I am back in Spain, and I have a proper space to do it (furniture design was definitely something that didn't go with any of the rooms I've had around the world...), I have been thinking that maybe it's time to invest in my first piece of furniture with those little savings of mine.

And what should I buy myself first...? No doubt: a chair! 

Here are some of my favorites, decision is not easy when there is so much cool stuff out there - and when you are not specially good with making a choice.


CH24 Wishbone Chair, by Hans Wegner. 


I love it's simplicity, its country side vibe and the different wood finished it can have (beech, oak, ash, walnut or cherry).









CH24 Wishbone Chair Limited Edition, by Hans Wegner. 


This limited edition from the previous one is just fun! They offer a series of colors to celebrate the 60th anniversary of this Danish Design Icon. Since I am a pink girl, I am definitely tempted.





Eames Plastic Armachair, by Charles & Ray Eames.


I have to consider this classic, it's a must! I actually think it's the first chair that I even put my eye on. I love everything about it, but mostly what it represents. I think having this at home will always remember how I started to care about design and did my first Saturday afternoon adventures to the Vitra store in Madrid.

Zig Zag, by Gerrit Thomas Rietveld. 


This chair is a two-in-one! I will get a chair but I will also get an sculpture. Something to think about... I love all the finishes but I think my favorites are the natural wooden ones. 

Cherner Chair, by Norman Cherner. 

I also find this one kind of sculptural, you can see by the picture below how good it looks standing in a room on it's own. 





I guess now I have some thinking to do... Maybe a lot of thinking. 


Opinions, suggestions and so on, always welcome! 

2 comentarios:

  1. Me encanta!soy de las que decidió también en que quería comprar algo( para mi futuro "sitio" (y lo que me queda....!!))pero al final..me pierden los viajes y mi afán de rebuscar los anticuarios perdidos llenos de todo y me vengo con lo que no me esperaba y lo más raro! total que los ahorros para ese algo no me duran un verano! jaja en fin..
    La silla Cherner me gusta bastante... y una sugerencia que es parecida a esta es la Pretzel, me sobreencanta!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yo también me acabo gastando los ahorrillos en viajes... me pierden!! La Pretzel me gusta mucho, si!! En cualquier caso, creo que para primera inversión me voy decantando por una Eames sencilla, que están bien en relación C/P :)

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...